Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Jesus Christ Super Star

Finally we get to read about Jesus and see what he was all about. In this first reading I did, I saw that he was a very simple man that enjoyed healing those that sought him. It’s nice to read about one sole character for a change and get to understand Jesus for the first time. I had never really gone into depth about it until now. In 3rd grade we would read the Bible to prepare for the First Communion but we were like eight so it doesn’t really count. Now being older we get to not only read it but actually understand what they say.

“And saith unto him, See thou say nothing to any man: but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer for thy cleansing those things which Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them. 45 But he went out, and began to publish it much, and to blaze abroad the matter, insomuch that Jesus could no more openly enter into the city, but was without in desert places: and they came to him from every quarter.” (1:44)

Don’t you hate it when that happens? You tell someone to shut their mouths about something you don’t want everyone to know and then they go and tell everyone. I’ve had my experiences and have handled them by hiding from people and then when the news dies down, I come back out into the world. That’s just me, a mere mortal that is not the daughter of God. Jesus on the other hand couldn’t hide. He had to be nice to everyone and cure a bunch of people after this guy went and opened his mouth. This tells me that Jesus was a very patient man. If I was him I probably would have made the guy get “leprosy” again. God wouldn’t have approved and probably a burning bush nearby would have let me know it was wrong but I think privacy has to be respected. If the guy deserved it he deserved it, too bad Jesus was incapable of vengeance.

Jesus was a total rebel that told everyone of when they thought badly about what he did. In the second book of Mark he talks about David and how he “did eat the showbread” to prove to some men that were there that eating is not a sin. I wonder what else was considered a sin. Scribes apparently think many things are sinful like:” when the scribes and Pharisees saw him eat with publicans and sinners, they said unto his disciples, How is it that he eateth and drinketh with publicans and sinners? 17 When Jesus heard it, he saith unto them, They that are whole have no need of the physician, but they that are sick: I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance”. This is how everyone has to think, that even though you did a mistake you can still regret it and pull back together. Don’t judge a person because of their past.

Confucius and Jesus could have exchanged some tips. Maybe not in their teaching, but on their stalkers. The sad part is that most of Jesus followers go to be healed and then they leave, but to Confucius they keep coming back. Jesus only had 12 that he considered worthy of hanging with him and, even though they don’t mention it, I think Confucius also had his elite posy. Later on more people begin to come but for some reason I think there is hidden motive in both scenarios.

Jesus was trying to teach everyone to have a kind heart. God sent him down to Earth to be a teacher for those that were lost “because they were as sheep not having a shepherd” (6:34). By understanding everything he was teaching everyone I think I will finally be able to understand why pushed Jesus to sacrifice himself for humanity. I know he did sacrifice himself but I don’t fully understand why.

I just learned how to cure someone who is deaf and has a speech impediment, Jesus style. Miracles are miracles in themselves because, how can you expect that by Jesus putting “his fingers into his ears, and he spit, and touched his tongue” that a man can hear and talk? Then another spit miracle occurred: “he took the blind man by the hand, and led him out of the town; and when he had spit on his eyes”. Miracles aren’t very pretty. I mean I’d be freaked out if someone spit into my ear and into my eyes. Maybe I could try it someday. Build a nice career as a nun and go around spitting in people ears screaming “Be Gone Satan!” It wouldn’t be that great though, nuns rarely get to do anything cool. Nuns should have been given a gift like Jesus disciples. Was Jesus also pro men only?

Mark has been full of healing and I hope that after these first 8 books, we see a more close and personal Jesus not so many miracles. All the things he says are full of wisdom and its hard at times to choose what to write about. But up to now it has been very interesting. For those who dont know there is a musical called "Jesus Christ Superstar". Personally I have never seen the musical but saw part of the theme song once. I decided to put my title as the name of the musical because it's so positive and a great way to start the New Testament.
Here is a clip of the "theme song". These people would have made John Travolta proud and are really funny.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Juliana, You have a very nice blog here! You may also appreciate the many testimonies of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ at http://wetestifyofchrist.blogspot.com. God bless.

    ReplyDelete