Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Start of Something New

In chapters one and two of Genesis, we see how God created earth. I had read the Bible before but not the old testament and found it interesting. People have different views towards God personally I believe Earth and everything we see around us was created by the big bang. Some part of me (the religious part) sometimes believes in the creation in seven days but most of the time I opt for a scientific path.

"And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day."

Of all the creations, the one that I enjoyed the most was the thought of the creation of light. I had never read this before but yet I had heard the line "let there be light" somewhere. I find God extremely creative if he came up with all the names for things like Day and Night. Just coming up with these words out of nowhere. In fact I had never really thought about God as much as I have while reading this. It was also productive that he gave them names that way we knew how to call them. Again I don't fully believe in this, I am just writing in a perspective of someone who doesn't question this version of existence. Something just occurred to me, is the idea of the creation of light linked to the light bulb representing an idea? When you see someone get an idea on a cartoon a light bulb is shown, does this have anything to do with the Bible?

When they say that God saw something and it was good, it makes me picture an old man pondering something deeply and making sure it fully satisfies what he wants and wont take anything less to perfection. Like with Adam, God makes Adam out of himself. An image that to God is total perfection which is himself. I don't truly belief in the Adam and Eve story. I believe that we evolved from monkeys and not from clay (like it is said in some tales).

I am sure that while I am reading this I will not only battle with text but I will most definitely battle within myself. Question my views and see if anything in the Bible truly sticks to my beliefs.





No comments:

Post a Comment