Monday, April 19, 2010

"Hardened Pharaoh’s heart and he would not let them go." What A Tough Guy

Why did God choose Moses? He himself questions this and it makes me wonder if God chose Moses because he also relates to him like he related to Noah. Was Moses authorities and powerful as God? Or was he just another different choice from the other men.

It’s sad how Moses says no one will believe him unless he takes proof. If faith was what it is now, which is believing without seeing, no proof would be needed just the word of the man who brings the news. Sure it is tough to prove God spoke to you but simple proof should do the trick. No need for rods to be turning into serpents. Then again I myself struggle with my believes and if I had lived in the time I would have probably asked for proof too. Still I wish that I could find the courage in myself to believe without proof being needed like I did when Santa and the Easter Bunny were very real beings in my mind.

“And Moses said unto the LORD, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken unto thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue.
cb(4,11);
4:11 And the LORD said unto him, Who hath made man’s mouth? or who maketh the dumb, or deaf, or the seeing, or the blind? have not I the LORD?”

It must be intimidating to stand up to someone like that. I mean he did create you and created every aspect of your life. This part kind of reminded me of Jonathan Goldsteins interpretation of Noah for some reason. Maybe because God sounded so tough and know it all like the character Goldstein depicted.

Aaron and Moses are like superheroes. But Aaron is the sidekick. Their mission intrusted to them by God is their complete mission and in a way you can think they are saving the world one Hebrew at a time. They completely march into strange lands to liberate complete strangers in the name of a guy they have never seen (very Charlie’s angels). They lay their lives ready to be taken but they persist with the task in hand. I had never really thought about any biblical character like a hero in any way.

I really liked the part when Aaron drops his snake and it becomes a snake but then all the pharaohs magicians drop theirs and they too become snakes. By making the snake that Aaron cast eat the others God truly showed his power to the Pharaoh and his followers. The question is if they truly got the meaning? Guess not seeing how plagues and death followed after encountering our two heroes’.
“And the LORD spake unto Moses, Go unto Pharaoh, and say unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Let my people go, that they may serve me.
cb(8,2);
8:2 And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs:
cb(8,3);
8:3 And the river shall bring forth frogs abundantly, which shall go up and come into thine house, and into thy bedchamber, and upon thy bed, and into the house of thy servants, and upon thy people, and into thine ovens, and into thy kneadingtroughs:
cb(8,4);
8:4 And the frogs shall come up both on thee, and upon thy people, and upon all thy servants.”

Run! Frogs! Who is scared of frogs? Is this seriously plagued? I mean sure frogs are slimy and sometimes poisonous but compared to other things God could have cast upon the Egyptian people frogs should have been last in the list. I guess in the good old days frogs weren’t really appreciated.

Finally after tones of tries Pharaohs hardened heart turns soft. I mean why God didn’t just take up the problems with the pharaoh. After leaving God made them do the Sabbath. I don’t really understand what that is but from what I got is that you can’t leave your house and that eating bread is a priority. Someone should explain this point and why it is so important.

I am kind of confused with this story. I know I should mix text with animated movies but I don’t know if they did say it but is Moses the son of another pharaoh? In the movie he was a Egyptian prince and to see what I mean I will like to conclude with the trailer to Moses.



No comments:

Post a Comment