Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Beginning

When I began reading, I didn’t really understand the title of the teachings. As I continued reading the story, I found the teaching that was being mentioned at the beginning. As I read how the character Arjuna talked to Kishna I understood that he was giving the reader a lesson.













pg 28






I completely understood how he felt. If you think about it by causing war you are only causing more pain. When he talked about how the men were uncles, brothers, cousins, etc I understood that by killing someone’s uncle or cousin, it’s like you are killing your own because everyone is connected. He mentions family and says that even though they are about to engage in battle it isn’t worth it because you killing one of your own.




pg 27

What I like about this quote is that the character realizes that the only reason they are engaging in war is because of something materialist. When he asks Kishna if it’s worth it, worth all the death and suffering, he asks if those are the only reasons men should leave their homes and engage in battle. If I were to apply this to real life I would say it is completely unfair to separate men from their family just to engage in a war of material things that only add to the power of one person. Still greed and power run many aspects of our world.

No comments:

Post a Comment