Sunday, February 28, 2010

Views on Religion

What I enjoyed about this Teaching was seeing different views to things. I am a Catholic and the book is about the teachings of Hinduism. What was intresting was seeing how this the Bhagavad-Gita is so much like th bible. Not in teachings but in the fact that they both have stories inside them explaining the things you are supposed to do. I am still not sure if Kishna is a god or if Kishna is the equivalent of Moses.

pg 33

Among having that similarity to Catholicism I found the quote above really impacting. In the first teaching they had also talked about the material things not playing an important part in a person’s life. Thuis quote immediately made my mind think of Buddhism. Hinduism is older than Buddhism because Buddhism descended from Hinduism. So it will be interesting what other “principles” these two religions have and how they are different as we continue reading.




pg 35







It’s true that death is certain for all but the fact that this Kishna is telling the character that it is ok to kill is kind of disturbing. According to my believes if someone kills me my body also dies and my soul lives on in heaven, but still you killed my soul in its origin. Here it’s ok to kill because the soul lives on. The reason the views are so different is because I believe that as soon as I die, sure my soul will live on, but the person I was will die, and won’t come back to Earth. According to the quote you die and come back as a new person in a type of cycle.






pg 36





This is also a view that is completely new to me. Basically they are saying that if you kill someone because it’s your duty you are forgiven and taken into heaven like a hero. What I believe is that you kill someone you go to hell at death no matter if it was your duty or not. Also who rejoices in having a battle? Battles are not good they only bring death and sadness. It all depends on your point of view I guess and I am looking forward to continue seeing these types of views as we keep on reading.






























No comments:

Post a Comment