Sunday, September 18, 2011

Mr. Darcy's and Mr Collin's Proposals
By: Nicole. A. Kleppe


Reading Nicole’s blog post, I realized I hadn’t thought how much in common both proposals had had. I completely agree that Elizabeth is unlucky to have had her first and second proposals be so dry. One of the deepest moments in a woman’s life were completely disgraced by these two gentlemen.

I think Mr. Collins’s was the worst according to what Nicole described. He shows no affection for her and rather than recite a sonnet or at least praise her hair, he begins to talk about himself of course. Mr. Darcy on the other hand actually said that he loved her and sure, he mentioned how he had fought it, he was still kinder than Collins.

In Elizabeth’s case she got proposed to by the two men she hates the most. To put it in a modern context it’s as if Taylor Swift was proposed to by Joe Jonas and Kanye. You can’t really decide which one is worse; all you know is that denial is the best policy.

Nicole wrote about this in a fun tone that I enjoyed reading. She made me think and I like it when someone shows me something I hadn’t noticed. It is eye opening.

No comments:

Post a Comment